Subject: [bug#28404] The complete Google Noto Fonts

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2022 17:07:15 +0100

Hi,

zimoun <[email-masked]> skribis:

> On Mon, 17 Jan 2022 at 14:16, Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> wrote:

[...]

>> The patch is still around and anyone interested in it can pick it up
>> from the archive.  Clearly, leaving issues open forever makes it harder
>> for us all to see where our attention is needed, so closing after a long
>> period of inactivity sounds like the right course of action to me.
>
> The question is how to pick up.  On one hand, being still open does not
> seem to work.  On the other hand, do we document in the manual this tag
> “donewontfix” as the tag for “unfinished” patches.  For instance, some
> of these “old” patches could be good starters for people wanting to help
> but without knowing where to look at first.  WDYT?

I wouldn’t worry much.  Someone might find it via a search engine, or an
old-timer might invite them to look for it in the bug tracker.  Worst
that can happen is that someone redoes the work from scratch, which is
suboptimal but not the end of the world either.

Ludo’.