Subject: [bug#28404] The complete Google Noto Fonts

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2022 15:23:42 +0100

Hi Ludo,

I reorganize the answers since it is 2 different items. :-)

On Mon, 17 Jan 2022 at 14:16, Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> The primary author is not responding since years.  What do we do for the
>> patch series?  On one hand, piece of work had already been done and on
>> the other hand, other piece of work is still missing.
>
> I think in this case it’s okay to close as “donewontfix” or something
> along these lines.

I will do with this “donewontfix” tag.

>> Is someone interested in helping to clean the work already done for
>> easing the merge?
>
> The patch is still around and anyone interested in it can pick it up
> from the archive.  Clearly, leaving issues open forever makes it harder
> for us all to see where our attention is needed, so closing after a long
> period of inactivity sounds like the right course of action to me.

The question is how to pick up.  On one hand, being still open does not
seem to work.  On the other hand, do we document in the manual this tag
“donewontfix” as the tag for “unfinished” patches.  For instance, some
of these “old” patches could be good starters for people wanting to help
but without knowing where to look at first.  WDYT?

Cheers,
simon