Subject: bug#28403: 25.2; find-tag works, but xref-find-definitions

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2017 17:43:14 +0300

> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
> Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2017 11:58:34 +0300
> 
> On 9/11/17 5:38 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> 
> >> that would require support from backends, then.
> 
> To make "fuzzy" work.

It would be good to have other back-ends support that, but I don't
think it's a must.  First, no one said all the back-ends must
distinguish between the two modes; it could even be that only one
makes sense for some language.  And second, I'm guess that this new
method will only be useful to those who are accustomed to etags.

So I think we could add this with only the etags back-end support for
now, and extend it later to other back-ends if needed.

Thanks.