Subject: [bug#28401] [PATCH 0/2] gnu: Add monero.

From: Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2017 14:44:53 +0000

On September 11, 2017 5:42:08 PM GMT+03:00, Theodoros Foradis <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>
>>>>>> As far as monero-core is concerned (the gui), I did not manage to
>>>get it
>>>>>> to build with the modular qt. Should this be added in the source
>as
>>>a
>>>>>> TODO item?
>>>>>
>>>>> Could you be more specific at what you tried and failed to
>achieve?
>>>>> Perhaps Efraim (Cc’d) or someone else can provide guidance.
>>>>
>>>> The README file lists the following packages for other GNU/Linux
>>>> distros:
>>>> qtbase5-dev qt5-default qtdeclarative5-dev
>>>qml-module-qtquick-controls
>>>> qml-module-qtquick-xmllistmodel qttools5-dev-tools
>>>> qml-module-qtquick-dialogs
>>>>
>>>> I tried using our:
>>>> qtbase
>>>> qtdeclarative
>>>> qtquickcontrol
>>>> qttools
>>>> qtgraphicaleffects,
>>>> with which the package won't build.
>>>
>>>How does it fail?
>>>
>>>> But I can't find the equivalent for the qml-module-... packages,
>>>except
>>>> for the qtquickcontrol one. Maybe I'm missing something?
>>>
>>>Dunno, you’re the expert!  :-)
>>>
>>>Ludo’.
>>
>> I sometimes have to search through to see which module provides which
>qt piece
>
>There was an issue with the build system not finding lrelease from qt
>which I was able to find and patch. So I got the package to build with
>the forementioned modular qt packages.
>
>There are runtime issues though (ie, the program monero-wallet-gui
>won't
>run) with the following messages:
>app startd
>QQmlApplicationEngine failed to load component
>qrc:///main.qml:32 module "QtQuick.Controls.Styles" is not installed
>qrc:///main.qml:34 module "Qt.labs.settings" is not installed
>qrc:///main.qml:31 module "QtQuick.Controls" is not installed
>qrc:///main.qml:33 module "QtQuick.Dialogs" is not installed
>qrc:///main.qml:29 module "QtQuick" is not installed
>qrc:///main.qml:30 module "QtQuick.Window" is not installed
>qrc:///main.qml:32 module "QtQuick.Controls.Styles" is not installed
>qrc:///main.qml:34 module "Qt.labs.settings" is not installed
>qrc:///main.qml:31 module "QtQuick.Controls" is not installed
>qrc:///main.qml:33 module "QtQuick.Dialogs" is not installed
>qrc:///main.qml:29 module "QtQuick" is not installed
>qrc:///main.qml:30 module "QtQuick.Window" is not installed
>qrc:///main.qml:32 module "QtQuick.Controls.Styles" is not installed
>qrc:///main.qml:34 module "Qt.labs.settings" is not installed
>qrc:///main.qml:31 module "QtQuick.Controls" is not installed
>qrc:///main.qml:33 module "QtQuick.Dialogs" is not installed
>qrc:///main.qml:29 module "QtQuick" is not installed
>qrc:///main.qml:30 module "QtQuick.Window" is not installed
>qrc:///main.qml:32 module "QtQuick.Controls.Styles" is not installed
>qrc:///main.qml:34 module "Qt.labs.settings" is not installed
>qrc:///main.qml:31 module "QtQuick.Controls" is not installed
>qrc:///main.qml:33 module "QtQuick.Dialogs" is not installed
>qrc:///main.qml:29 module "QtQuick" is not installed
>qrc:///main.qml:30 module "QtQuick.Window" is not installed
>qrc:///main.qml:32 module "QtQuick.Controls.Styles" is not installed
>qrc:///main.qml:34 module "Qt.labs.settings" is not installed
>qrc:///main.qml:31 module "QtQuick.Controls" is not installed
>qrc:///main.qml:33 module "QtQuick.Dialogs" is not installed
>qrc:///main.qml:29 module "QtQuick" is not installed
>qrc:///main.qml:30 module "QtQuick.Window" is not installed
>qrc:///main.qml:32 module "QtQuick.Controls.Styles" is not installed
>qrc:///main.qml:34 module "Qt.labs.settings" is not installed
>qrc:///main.qml:31 module "QtQuick.Controls" is not installed
>qrc:///main.qml:33 module "QtQuick.Dialogs" is not installed
>qrc:///main.qml:29 module "QtQuick" is not installed
>qrc:///main.qml:30 module "QtQuick.Window" is not installed

This sounds a lot like the errors I got when trying to run gcompris-qt built with modular qt. IIRC Hartmut and someone else are working on improving our modular qt which might improve this situation.

>
>For one, there seems to be an issue with the package's build system
>because qml module "QtQuick.Dialogs" is included in our qtquickcontrol
>package. On the other hand, I think we don't have the qml modules for
>"Qt.labs" in any modular qt package. Is that correct?

I don't believe so.

-- 
Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.