Subject: Re: [bug#28401] [PATCH 0/2] gnu: Add monero.

From: Theodoros Foradis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2017 17:42:08 +0300

>
>>>>> As far as monero-core is concerned (the gui), I did not manage to
>>get it
>>>>> to build with the modular qt. Should this be added in the source as
>>a
>>>>> TODO item?
>>>>
>>>> Could you be more specific at what you tried and failed to achieve?
>>>> Perhaps Efraim (Cc’d) or someone else can provide guidance.
>>>
>>> The README file lists the following packages for other GNU/Linux
>>> distros:
>>> qtbase5-dev qt5-default qtdeclarative5-dev
>>qml-module-qtquick-controls
>>> qml-module-qtquick-xmllistmodel qttools5-dev-tools
>>> qml-module-qtquick-dialogs
>>>
>>> I tried using our:
>>> qtbase
>>> qtdeclarative
>>> qtquickcontrol
>>> qttools
>>> qtgraphicaleffects,
>>> with which the package won't build.
>>
>>How does it fail?
>>
>>> But I can't find the equivalent for the qml-module-... packages,
>>except
>>> for the qtquickcontrol one. Maybe I'm missing something?
>>
>>Dunno, you’re the expert!  :-)
>>
>>Ludo’.
>
> I sometimes have to search through to see which module provides which qt piece

There was an issue with the build system not finding lrelease from qt
which I was able to find and patch. So I got the package to build with
the forementioned modular qt packages.

There are runtime issues though (ie, the program monero-wallet-gui won't
run) with the following messages:
app startd
QQmlApplicationEngine failed to load component
qrc:///main.qml:32 module "QtQuick.Controls.Styles" is not installed
qrc:///main.qml:34 module "Qt.labs.settings" is not installed
qrc:///main.qml:31 module "QtQuick.Controls" is not installed
qrc:///main.qml:33 module "QtQuick.Dialogs" is not installed
qrc:///main.qml:29 module "QtQuick" is not installed
qrc:///main.qml:30 module "QtQuick.Window" is not installed
qrc:///main.qml:32 module "QtQuick.Controls.Styles" is not installed
qrc:///main.qml:34 module "Qt.labs.settings" is not installed
qrc:///main.qml:31 module "QtQuick.Controls" is not installed
qrc:///main.qml:33 module "QtQuick.Dialogs" is not installed
qrc:///main.qml:29 module "QtQuick" is not installed
qrc:///main.qml:30 module "QtQuick.Window" is not installed
qrc:///main.qml:32 module "QtQuick.Controls.Styles" is not installed
qrc:///main.qml:34 module "Qt.labs.settings" is not installed
qrc:///main.qml:31 module "QtQuick.Controls" is not installed
qrc:///main.qml:33 module "QtQuick.Dialogs" is not installed
qrc:///main.qml:29 module "QtQuick" is not installed
qrc:///main.qml:30 module "QtQuick.Window" is not installed
qrc:///main.qml:32 module "QtQuick.Controls.Styles" is not installed
qrc:///main.qml:34 module "Qt.labs.settings" is not installed
qrc:///main.qml:31 module "QtQuick.Controls" is not installed
qrc:///main.qml:33 module "QtQuick.Dialogs" is not installed
qrc:///main.qml:29 module "QtQuick" is not installed
qrc:///main.qml:30 module "QtQuick.Window" is not installed
qrc:///main.qml:32 module "QtQuick.Controls.Styles" is not installed
qrc:///main.qml:34 module "Qt.labs.settings" is not installed
qrc:///main.qml:31 module "QtQuick.Controls" is not installed
qrc:///main.qml:33 module "QtQuick.Dialogs" is not installed
qrc:///main.qml:29 module "QtQuick" is not installed
qrc:///main.qml:30 module "QtQuick.Window" is not installed
qrc:///main.qml:32 module "QtQuick.Controls.Styles" is not installed
qrc:///main.qml:34 module "Qt.labs.settings" is not installed
qrc:///main.qml:31 module "QtQuick.Controls" is not installed
qrc:///main.qml:33 module "QtQuick.Dialogs" is not installed
qrc:///main.qml:29 module "QtQuick" is not installed
qrc:///main.qml:30 module "QtQuick.Window" is not installed

For one, there seems to be an issue with the package's build system
because qml module "QtQuick.Dialogs" is included in our qtquickcontrol
package. On the other hand, I think we don't have the qml modules for
"Qt.labs" in any modular qt package. Is that correct?

-- 
Theodoros Foradis