Subject: [bug#28401] [PATCH 0/2] gnu: Add monero.

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2017 10:39:32 +0200

Hi,

Theodoros Foradis <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Hello Guix,
>
> this patch set adds clients (cli and gui) for Monero, a private digital
> currency.
>
> As I mention in comments in source, monero package bundles easylogging++
> and lmdb. The bundled easylogging++ is modified, and the changes will
> not be upstreamed. The devs deem the lmdb driver too critical a consenus
> component, to use the system's dynamically linked library (plus there's
> not even the option in the build system to use it).
>
> The other bundled dependencies we delete and not use.

OK.  Oh well.

BTW, all tests pass (on x86_64), but the second test of “monero” takes
ages:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
Test project /tmp/guix-build-monero-0.11.0.0.drv-0/build
      Start  1: hash-target
 1/11 Test  #1: hash-target ......................   Passed    0.06 sec
      Start  2: coretests
 2/11 Test  #2: coretests ........................   Passed  1830.78 sec
      Start  3: cncrypto
 3/11 Test  #3: cncrypto .........................   Passed    8.22 sec
      Start  4: difficulty
 4/11 Test  #4: difficulty .......................   Passed    0.02 sec
      Start  5: hash-fast
 5/11 Test  #5: hash-fast ........................   Passed    0.01 sec
      Start  6: hash-slow
 6/11 Test  #6: hash-slow ........................   Passed    0.07 sec
      Start  7: hash-tree
 7/11 Test  #7: hash-tree ........................   Passed    0.00 sec
      Start  8: hash-extra-blake
 8/11 Test  #8: hash-extra-blake .................   Passed    0.00 sec
      Start  9: hash-extra-groestl
 9/11 Test  #9: hash-extra-groestl ...............   Passed    0.01 sec
      Start 10: hash-extra-jh
10/11 Test #10: hash-extra-jh ....................   Passed    0.01 sec
      Start 11: hash-extra-skein
11/11 Test #11: hash-extra-skein .................   Passed    0.00 sec
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

> As far as monero-core is concerned (the gui), I did not manage to get it
> to build with the modular qt. Should this be added in the source as a
> TODO item?

Could you be more specific at what you tried and failed to achieve?
Perhaps Efraim (Cc’d) or someone else can provide guidance.

Thanks,
Ludo’.