Subject: Re: bug#28392: 26.0.50; gdb-mi runs into error with tramp

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 May 2021 12:13:22 +0200

Version: 27.3

Jim Porter <[email-masked]> writes:

> Attached are patches to fix this in Emacs 27 and 28; they're
> essentially the same, but with slightly different contexts around the
> diff. I'm not sure if this is wanted for Emacs 27, but it's a small
> bugfix, and combined with my patch in bug#39408 (and the GNU ELPA
> version of Tramp to fix bug#44151), M-x gdb should work correctly for
> Tramp. For Emacs 28, this is the only outstanding issue (that I know
> of) preventing M-x gdb from working with Tramp.
>
> The problem here was that `gud-last-frame', set in
> `gdb-frame-handler', expects a local file path, so the full Tramp path
> was confusing it.

Pushed to both the emacs-27 and master branch. Closing the bug.

I don't know whether there will be an Emacs 27.3, but it doesn't hurt to
push the fix, I believe.

Best regards, Michael.