Subject: bug#28375: closed (Re: bug#28375: 25.1; The top line, with File, Edit, Options, Buffer etc. does not work. When selecting different pop-down menus it only shows a black rectangle instead of giving me the proper options to press.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2019 03:11:02 +0000

Your bug report

#28375: 25.1; The top line, with File, Edit, Options, Buffer etc. does not work. When selecting different pop-down menus it only shows a black rectangle instead of giving me the proper options to press.

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
28375: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=28375
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#28375: 25.1; The top line, with File, Edit, Options, Buffer etc. does not work. When selecting different pop-down menus it only shows a black rectangle instead of giving me the proper options to press.
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2019 05:10:27 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> writes:

> Are you still seeing this?  If yes, could you please provide the
> information that Glenn asked for above?

The email bounced.  Since it's unlikely that we'll make any progress
without further information, I'm closing this bug report.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas

Subject: 25.1; The top line, with File, Edit, Options, Buffer etc. does not work. When selecting different pop-down menus it only shows a black rectangle instead of giving me the proper options to press.
From: Anders Olesen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2017 21:39:54 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

When trying to use Emacs, the top bar does not work properly. When
installing packages, where the normal package shortcuts would normally
be, there is nothing but a black rectangle, not giving me anything to
click.

In GNU Emacs 25.1.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.11)
 of 2017-03-29, modified by Debian built on lgw01-37
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version
11.0.11903000
System Description:	Ubuntu 17.04

Configured using:
 'configure --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info
 --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-pop=yes
 --enable-
locallisppath=/etc/emacs25:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/site-
lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/25.1/site-
lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-sound=alsa --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info
 --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-pop=yes
 --enable-
locallisppath=/etc/emacs25:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/site-
lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/25.1/site-
lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-sound=alsa --with-x=yes --with-x-toolkit=gtk3
 --with-toolkit-scroll-bars 'CFLAGS=-g -O2
 -fdebug-prefix-map=/build/emacs25-4TAPj9/emacs25-25.1+1=. -fstack-
protector-strong
 -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wall' 'CPPFLAGS=-Wdate-time
 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2' 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -Wl,-z,relro''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY
ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: da_DK.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Dired by name

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Loading /etc/emacs/site-start.d/50dictionaries-common.el
(source)...done
Loading /etc/emacs/site-start.d/50latex-cjk-common.el (source)...
Loading cjk-enc...done
Loading /etc/emacs/site-start.d/50latex-cjk-common.el (source)...done
Loading /etc/emacs/site-start.d/50latex-cjk-thai.el (source)...done
Loading /etc/emacs/site-start.d/50texlive-lang-english.el
(source)...done
Saving file /home/quasi/.emacs...
Wrote /home/quasi/.emacs [2 times]
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
command-execute: Buffer is read-only: #<buffer *GNU Emacs*>

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs/25.1/site-lisp/debian-startup hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/debian-startup
/usr/share/emacs25/site-lisp/latex-cjk-thai/thai-word hides
/usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/language/thai-word

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec
password-cache epg gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr mail-utils dired finder-inf
package epg-config seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra
help-mode easymenu cconv cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib time-date mule-util
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-
opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode
register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 107810 14527)
 (symbols 48 21631 0)
 (miscs 40 726 157)
 (strings 32 21536 3698)
 (string-bytes 1 625763)
 (vectors 16 14857)
 (vector-slots 8 472621 4138)
 (floats 8 191 55)
 (intervals 56 503 0)
 (buffers 976 19))