Subject: Re: bug#2835: 23.0.92; Info is missing help for some mac specific variables.

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2009 10:22:37 +0900

>>>>> On Wed, 01 Apr 2009 07:55:52 +0800, Jason Rumney <[email-masked]> said:

>> The following variables exist but are not documented in the emacs
>> info:
>> 
>> mac-allow-anti-aliasing

Confusingly, this is not a variable that controls anti-aliasing, but
it changes a font rendering engine so it uses lighter anti-aliasing.
This facility seems to be deprecated as of Mac OS X 10.5, so I'd
suggest removing this variable together with the corresponding NS
variable, ns-use-qd-smoothing.

> Other font backends that support anti-aliasing use an :antialias
> property on the font to disable or use a different type of
> antialiasing for that font. There are a lot of extra font properties
> like this that aren't documented either, especially in the xft and
> w32 font backends.

Still this applies to another NS variable, ns-antialias-text.

				     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
				[email-masked]