Subject: [bug#28347] Cadaver

From: Alex Kost <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2017 19:43:08 +0300

ng0 (2017-09-04 18:11 +0000) wrote:

> A package from my "crypt". I tried various ways
> to unbundle neon but did not succeed.

I think it would be good if you wrote what you tried :-)

Here are my attempts:

At first, there are the following messages during "configure" phase:

  configure: no external neon library found
  configure: using bundled neon (0.29.1)

So, when I added ("neon" ,neon) input, I got:

  configure: incompatible neon library version 0.30.2: wanted 0.27 28 29
  configure: using bundled neon (0.29.1)

Ouch, so 0.30.2 is not supported.  This is the line from "configure.ac":

  NE_REQUIRE_VERSIONS([0], [27 28 29])

OK, I tried to build it with 0.30.2 anyway using the following phase:

         (add-after 'unpack 'fix-required-neon-version
           (lambda _
             (substitute* "configure"
               (("27 28 29")
                ,(string-join
                  (cdr (string-split (package-version neon) #\.))
                  ".")))
             #t))

But I got:

  configure: incompatible neon library version 0.30.2: wanted 0.30.2
  configure: using bundled neon (0.29.1)

What?  Well, now I don't know what to do (perhaps I should have patched
"configure.ac" instead and added "autoreconf" phase, but I didn't try).

> The package itself works.

Great, I think if there will be no comments in a week or so, I will just
go ahead and commit your patch (in a hope this unbundling will happen in
the future somehow).  So if anyone has something to say about this
patch, please do it now :-)

-- 
Alex