Subject: bug#28332: 26.0.50; vc-svn: calling revert-buffer multiple causes scrolling of buffer

From: [email-masked] (Alfred M. Szmidt)
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2017 16:03:08 -0400

> When in vc-dired, with a relativley long list of files, and one issues
   > 'g' (revert-buffer) the buffer scrolls downwards until the pointer
   > hits the bottem and then recenters.

   I seem to be unable to reproduce this.  Does this happen for you in
   "emacs -Q"?  If it does, could you show a complete recipe, start with
   "emacs -Q"?

Yeah, occurs in -Q as well, this is what I tried:

  emacs -Q
  C-x v ~/
  C-u C-u C-u C-v
  g g g g ...

That will move the buffer one line.  The vc-dired buffer in question
has around 300 lines, the window can show 100x26.

   Also how long is "relatively long"?  Is longer than the window shows
   good enough, or are there other conditions to be satisfied for tyhis
   to show up?

If the buffer is shorter than the screen, then g (revert-buffer)
behaves as if previous-line was called.