Subject: bug#28331: [gnus] Articles loose read status on expiry

From: Nikolaus Rath <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2017 16:30:49 +0200

When marking an article as read and for expiry, and the expiry target is
another group, the article ends up being unread again in the target
group.

An easy fix is to take `gnus-summary-expire-articles' out of
`gnus-summary-prepare-exit-hook', and instead call it explicitly in
`gnus-summary-exit' at a later point.

However, this results in the article not just being marked read in the
target group (as intended), but also still marked for expiry (not
good). I could not figure out how to change that.

I've observed this with the nnimap backend.

Ma Gnus v0.14
GNU Emacs 25.1.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.12)
 of 2017-04-23, modified by Debian

Best,
-Nikolaus

-- 
GPG Fingerprint: ED31 791B 2C5C 1613 AF38 8B8A D113 FCAC 3C4E 599F

             »Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a Banana.«