Subject: Re: bug#28314: Modeline '{35 more}' never updated when reading digests

From: 積丹尼 Dan Jacobson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2018 08:54:07 +0800

It's working fine.

The problem is let's say there is a group full of messages that we have
already read 100 times.

When we see the word "more" we think it is helping us know how many are
left below the current article, so we know if there are 100 or 1000
remaining below the screen.

So maybe change the word "more" into "total" or just remove it.

Or add a new "below" word, "234 below".

>>>>> "LI" == Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:
LI> 積丹尼 Dan Jacobson <[email-masked]> writes:

>> I see the problem. It is the meaning of "more".
>> 
>> gnus-summary-mode-line-format is a variable defined in ‘gnus-sum.el’.
>> Documentation: ...
>> %Z  A string with unread/unselected article counts
>> 
>> Add:
>> %Z is only decremented by "E", ... , SPC or n will NOT decrement it.

LI> It's decremented no matter what command that decreases the unread count.

LI> You should go through your customisations and try to determine what's
LI> making this misbehave for you.  I suspect you've somehow switched
LI> modeline updates off in some circumstances.