Subject: Re: bug#28308: Build failure on FreeBSD/aarch64

From: Gergely Czuczy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2017 07:57:04 +0200

On 2017. 09. 12. 7:22, [email-masked] wrote:
> Gergely Czuczy <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> You can download and analyze it with lldb, it was in the root of the
>> source tree, if that matters. I guess that way you can just open it
>> with lldb yourself, and dig into it.
> That would require an aarch64 lldb and bootstrap-emacs executable,
> right?

No, doesn't seem to be the case. It's a differench arch (amd64 vs 
aarch64), and also a different version of llvm/clang (4 vs 5):

gczuczy@dirk:/tank/rpi3/ports/editors/emacs-devel/work/emacs-f44184f$ 
uname -a
FreeBSD dirk.czg.harmless.lan 11.0-STABLE FreeBSD 11.0-STABLE #0 
r314769: Mon Mar  6 22:29:23 CET 2017 
[email-masked]:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/DIRK  amd64
gczuczy@dirk:/tank/rpi3/ports/editors/emacs-devel/work/emacs-f44184f$ 
lldb ./src/bootstrap-emacs -c lisp/bootstrap-emacs.core
(lldb) target create "./src/bootstrap-emacs" --core 
"lisp/bootstrap-emacs.core"
Core file 
'/tank/rpi3/ports/editors/emacs-devel/work/emacs-f44184f/lisp/bootstrap-emacs.core' 
(aarch64) was loaded.
(lldb) bt
* thread #1: tid = 101217, 0x00000000002e5604 
bootstrap-emacs`Fterpri(printcharfun=1092903309, ensure=107564) + 2468 
at print.c:597, name = 'bootstrap-emacs', stop reason = signal SIGSEGV
   * frame #0: 0x00000000002e5604 
bootstrap-emacs`Fterpri(printcharfun=1092903309, ensure=107564) + 2468 
at print.c:597
     frame #1: 0x00000000002e4f18 
bootstrap-emacs`Fterpri(printcharfun=107550, ensure=14) + 696 at print.c:583
     frame #2: 0x00000000002e4e70 
bootstrap-emacs`Fterpri(printcharfun=1092903309, ensure=0) + 528 at 
print.c:0
     frame #3: 0x00000000001d8340 bootstrap-emacs`read_minibuf(map=0, 
initial=1934144, prompt=7376448, expflag=false, histvar=14, 
histpos=1092903309, defalt=0, allow_props=false, 
inherit_input_method=false) + 3696 at minibuf.c:657
     frame #4: 0x00000000001da310 
bootstrap-emacs`Fall_completions(string=0, collection=1093123072, 
predicate=-17179869184, hide_spaces=8597311552) + 368 at minibuf.c:1509
     frame #5: 0x000000000016737c 
bootstrap-emacs`save_and_enable_current_matrix(f=0x0000000b0016b8ec) + 
272 at term.c:2960
     frame #6: 0x0000000000167048 
bootstrap-emacs`tty_menu_search_pane(menu=0x000000000019da18, 
pane=65535) + 156 at term.c:2760
     frame #7: 0x000000000019d948 
bootstrap-emacs`Fkey_description(keys=1694024, prefix=7377232) + 15236 
at keymap.c:2005
     frame #8: 0x000000000019d9f8 
bootstrap-emacs`Fkey_description(keys=1969711475, 
prefix=14199589052049779) + 15412 at keymap.c:2005
     frame #9: 0x000000000019ae58 
bootstrap-emacs`Fkey_description(keys=1683032, prefix=7377328) + 4244 at 
keymap.c:2003
     frame #10: 0x000000000019da98 
bootstrap-emacs`Fkey_description(keys=7378640, prefix=0) + 15572 at 
keymap.c:0
(lldb)