Subject: Re: bug#28308: Build failure on FreeBSD/aarch64

From: Gergely Czuczy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2017 19:27:10 +0100

On 2017. 11. 01. 17:51, Noam Postavsky wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 1, 2017 at 12:14 PM, Gergely Czuczy
> <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> On 2017. 10. 31. 18:31, Noam Postavsky wrote:
>>> diff --git a/configure.ac b/configure.ac
>>> index d294412dc4..2e690987a6 100644
>>> --- a/configure.ac
>>> +++ b/configure.ac
>> Is 2e690987a6 the commit id I can try? I would like to test it.
> No, that hash is for the configure.ac file only. To test the patch,
> save it to a file (e.g., call it bsd-hybridmalloc.diff) and then run
> 'git apply bsd-hybridmalloc.diff'.
>
> By the way, do you know about the status of Emacs on FreeBSD x86? It
> seems to me that the problem and solution are not specific to aarch64.
On x86 (as in 32 bit terms), I don't really know. All my systems are 
amd64 ones, and on that one, it runs fine. However, I haven't checked 
the development branch, just the release. That works fine.

But if that's any help, I can give it a shot tomorrow on amd64 as well, 
and see how it goes.

Regarding the patch, I should apply it to the latest checkout, right?