Subject: Re: bug#28284: GCC 4.7.4 fails to build since April 2017

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2017 11:25:24 +0100

Hello!

Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]> skribis:

> From b2fb0adc3e0de7194493a0c5f1f9bbdbcd0a4087 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
> From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]>
> Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2017 22:50:05 +0100
> Subject: [PATCH] gnu: gcc-4.7: Resurrect building with gcc-5.4.0.
>
> * gnu/packages/patches/gcc-4-cfns-fix-mismatch-in-gnu_inline-attributes.patch:
> New file.

Could you use a shorter file name, so we don't hit tar’s limit on file
name length?

> * gnu/local.mk (dist_patch_DATA): Add it.
> * gnu/packages/gcc.scm (gcc-4.7): Use it.

I think this can actually go to master, though please double-check that
the world isn’t getting rebuilt.  :-)

Thank you!

Ludo’.