Subject: bug#28268: 26.0.50; (MS Windows) crash on C-g after closing Git GUI

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2017 21:59:07 +0300

> Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2017 20:33:49 +0300
> From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> > Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2017 20:25:52 +0300
> > From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
> > Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> > 
> > git-gui.exe is a GUI program, so it releases the shell and the shell
> > exits
> 
> Correction: git-gui.exe launches wish and exits.

It looks like not entirely our problem, or not at all: Windows itself
thinks that the process is still running, although waiting on its
handle to become signaled exits immediately, something that should
never happen.

I installed a semi-kludgey workaround which seems to avoid spinning
the CPU in this obscure case.  Please see that the problem is solved
on your systems as well.