Subject: Re: bug#28264: Accessing source directory through symlink produces false warnings

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2017 22:41:51 +0200

Paul Eggert <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Paul,

> Thanks for the bug report. I reproduced the problem and installed the
> attached patch to fix it. It strikes me, though, that the code still
> won't work in other cases (e.g., symlinks containing ":"), and that
> Emacs probably has other instances of confusion between how it treats
> symlinks and how the OS treats them. I'll CC: this to Michael to give
> him a heads-up about this particular issue, as I'm not really up to
> speed on magic file names.

This special problem does not seem to affect Tramp, tramp-tests tell.

However, the following code is unclear to me:

> +	(concat "/:" file))

What, if file is already quoted? Shouldn't this be

        (file-name-quote file)

Note, that a similar problem I have fixed some days ago in commit
cc7530cae0.

Best regards, Michael.