Subject: bug#28261: libfreeimage has undefined references

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2018 00:14:32 +0200

Hello Efraim,

It seems that commit a5d4c96b8d90b8bb87e07bd6a7be78991db91bc9 left
libfreeimage with some undefined references.  For instance, the
‘configure’ script of ‘guile-sly’ fails like this:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
configure:3888: checking for FreeImage_GetVersion in -lfreeimage
configure:3913: gcc -o conftest -g -O2   conftest.c -lfreeimage   >&5
/gnu/store/lsbwqzbl17xvbp4clv2mlxmly2xkz219-freeimage-3.17.0/lib/libfreeimage.so: undefined reference to `PixelFormatLookup'
/gnu/store/lsbwqzbl17xvbp4clv2mlxmly2xkz219-freeimage-3.17.0/lib/libfreeimage.so: undefined reference to `GUID_PKPixelFormat16bppRGB555'
/gnu/store/lsbwqzbl17xvbp4clv2mlxmly2xkz219-freeimage-3.17.0/lib/libfreeimage.so: undefined reference to `GUID_PKPixelFormat16bppGray'
/gnu/store/lsbwqzbl17xvbp4clv2mlxmly2xkz219-freeimage-3.17.0/lib/libfreeimage.so: undefined reference to `GUID_PKPixelFormat24bppRGB'
/gnu/store/lsbwqzbl17xvbp4clv2mlxmly2xkz219-freeimage-3.17.0/lib/libfreeimage.so: undefined reference to `PKFormatConverter_Release'
/gnu/store/lsbwqzbl17xvbp4clv2mlxmly2xkz219-freeimage-3.17.0/lib/libfreeimage.so: undefined reference to `GUID_PKPixelFormat8bppGray'
/gnu/store/lsbwqzbl17xvbp4clv2mlxmly2xkz219-freeimage-3.17.0/lib/libfreeimage.so: undefined reference to `PKImageDecode_Create_WMP'
/gnu/store/lsbwqzbl17xvbp4clv2mlxmly2xkz219-freeimage-3.17.0/lib/libfreeimage.so: undefined reference to `PKAllocAligned'
/gnu/store/lsbwqzbl17xvbp4clv2mlxmly2xkz219-freeimage-3.17.0/lib/libfreeimage.so: undefined reference to `PKImageEncode_Create_WMP'
/gnu/store/lsbwqzbl17xvbp4clv2mlxmly2xkz219-freeimage-3.17.0/lib/libfreeimage.so: undefined reference to `GUID_PKPixelFormat24bppBGR'
/gnu/store/lsbwqzbl17xvbp4clv2mlxmly2xkz219-freeimage-3.17.0/lib/libfreeimage.so: undefined reference to `GUID_PKPixelFormatDontCare'
/gnu/store/lsbwqzbl17xvbp4clv2mlxmly2xkz219-freeimage-3.17.0/lib/libfreeimage.so: undefined reference to `GUID_PKPixelFormat96bppRGBFloat'
/gnu/store/lsbwqzbl17xvbp4clv2mlxmly2xkz219-freeimage-3.17.0/lib/libfreeimage.so: undefined reference to `PKImageEncode_SetGPSInfoMetadata_WMP'
/gnu/store/lsbwqzbl17xvbp4clv2mlxmly2xkz219-freeimage-3.17.0/lib/libfreeimage.so: undefined reference to `PKFormatConverter_EnumConversions'
/gnu/store/lsbwqzbl17xvbp4clv2mlxmly2xkz219-freeimage-3.17.0/lib/libfreeimage.so: undefined reference to `GUID_PKPixelFormat48bppRGB'
/gnu/store/lsbwqzbl17xvbp4clv2mlxmly2xkz219-freeimage-3.17.0/lib/libfreeimage.so: undefined reference to `PKFreeAligned'
/gnu/store/lsbwqzbl17xvbp4clv2mlxmly2xkz219-freeimage-3.17.0/lib/libfreeimage.so: undefined reference to `GUID_PKPixelFormatBlackWhite'
/gnu/store/lsbwqzbl17xvbp4clv2mlxmly2xkz219-freeimage-3.17.0/lib/libfreeimage.so: undefined reference to `GUID_PKPixelFormat32bppBGRA'
/gnu/store/lsbwqzbl17xvbp4clv2mlxmly2xkz219-freeimage-3.17.0/lib/libfreeimage.so: undefined reference to `GUID_PKPixelFormat32bppRGB'
/gnu/store/lsbwqzbl17xvbp4clv2mlxmly2xkz219-freeimage-3.17.0/lib/libfreeimage.so: undefined reference to `GUID_PKPixelFormat64bppRGBA'
/gnu/store/lsbwqzbl17xvbp4clv2mlxmly2xkz219-freeimage-3.17.0/lib/libfreeimage.so: undefined reference to `PKCodecFactory_CreateFormatConverter'
/gnu/store/lsbwqzbl17xvbp4clv2mlxmly2xkz219-freeimage-3.17.0/lib/libfreeimage.so: undefined reference to `PKImageEncode_SetEXIFMetadata_WMP'
/gnu/store/lsbwqzbl17xvbp4clv2mlxmly2xkz219-freeimage-3.17.0/lib/libfreeimage.so: undefined reference to `PKImageEncode_SetXMPMetadata_WMP'
/gnu/store/lsbwqzbl17xvbp4clv2mlxmly2xkz219-freeimage-3.17.0/lib/libfreeimage.so: undefined reference to `GUID_PKPixelFormat128bppRGBAFloat'
/gnu/store/lsbwqzbl17xvbp4clv2mlxmly2xkz219-freeimage-3.17.0/lib/libfreeimage.so: undefined reference to `GUID_PKPixelFormat32bppGrayFloat'
/gnu/store/lsbwqzbl17xvbp4clv2mlxmly2xkz219-freeimage-3.17.0/lib/libfreeimage.so: undefined reference to `PKImageEncode_SetIPTCNAAMetadata_WMP'
/gnu/store/lsbwqzbl17xvbp4clv2mlxmly2xkz219-freeimage-3.17.0/lib/libfreeimage.so: undefined reference to `GUID_PKPixelFormat16bppRGB565'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
configure:3913: $? = 1
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Ludo’.