Subject: Re: bug#28254: 26.0.50; SRFI-2 and-let*

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2017 14:39:59 +0200

Mark Oteiza <[email-masked]> writes:

> Any comments?

Some notes on the documentation of `if-let*' after your patch:

|   "Bind variables according to VARLIST and eval THEN or ELSE.
| Each binding is evaluated in turn with `let*',

Maybe comparing with `let*' is confusing after the change, because not
all bindings must look like (SYMBOL EXPRESSION) any more.  I think when
we just remove the two words "with `let*'", the documentation is still
fine.

| and evaluation stops if a binding value is nil.  If all are non-nil,
| the value of THEN is returned, or the last form in ELSE is returned.

Not really related to your change, but: Maybe we should additionally say
that THEN can refer to the bindings made in the VARLIST, but ELSE to
none, not even to those that resulted in non-nil values before
"failing".

| Each element of VARLIST is a symbol (which is bound to nil) [...]

Did we agree that we drop this useless case?

Thanks,

Michael.