Subject: Re: bug#28254: 26.0.50; SRFI-2 and-let*

From: Mark Oteiza <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2017 21:13:56 -0400

On 02/09/17 at 02:41pm, Noam Postavsky wrote:
>On Sat, Sep 2, 2017 at 9:36 AM, Mark Oteiza <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> This single tuple special case is troublesome IMO:
>>
>>  (if-let* (x) "dogs" "cats") => "cats"
>>  (if-let* (x (y 2)) "dogs" "cats") => (void-function y)
>>  (if-let* (x (y 1) (z 2)) "dogs" "cats") => "cats"
>>
>> I'm curious if this was brought up in the old discussion when this was
>> implemented.

FWIW, this was brought up in the original thread.
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2014-08/msg00228.html

IMO the original suggestion of having if-let and when-let be exclusively
single binding, while the starred versions excluding the single binding
special case would be more sane.

P.S. I just realized I didn't copy the tuple part of if-let* into
and-let* in the patch I just sent, and therefore missed the problem this
special case causes in tests.