Subject: bug#28245: 26.0.50; symbolic links not well handled by vc-dir

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2017 17:21:42 +0300

> From: [email-masked] (Vincent Belaïche)
> Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2017 23:02:55 +0200
> Cc: Vincent Belaïche <[email-masked]>
> 
> Hello, I have a project under SVN version control. Under the directory
> under change control I have a test directory, call it `trunk/test', in
> which a symbolic link is created to another file, call it
> `trunk/scr/foo', for the purpose of test. So the symbolic link is
> `trunk/foo' pointing at `trunk/src/foo'. `trunk/foo' is not under change
> control, it is created by the test makefile, while `trunk/src/foo' is
> under change control.
> 
> Please note that I am under MSW, I have created the symbolic links as
> native NTFS symbolic links thanks to MSYS2 ln command --- by default
> this command makes a copy, but it is possible to configure MSYS2 to have
> native symlinks.
> 
> OK, `trunk/src/foo' is edited, and when I do `M-x vc-dir', I see in the
> list of edited files `trunk/src/foo' twice. That is, IMHO, a bug.

vc-dir calls the SVN backend to collect its information, and according
to my references, SVN doesn't support symlinks on MS-Windows.  Does
your port of SVN support symlinks?  What does "svn status -v" show in
that repository?