Subject: 26.0.50; symbolic links not well handled by vc-dir

From: [email-masked] (Vincent Belaïche)
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2017 23:02:55 +0200

Hello, I have a project under SVN version control. Under the directory
under change control I have a test directory, call it `trunk/test', in
which a symbolic link is created to another file, call it
`trunk/scr/foo', for the purpose of test. So the symbolic link is
`trunk/foo' pointing at `trunk/src/foo'. `trunk/foo' is not under change
control, it is created by the test makefile, while `trunk/src/foo' is
under change control.

Please note that I am under MSW, I have created the symbolic links as
native NTFS symbolic links thanks to MSYS2 ln command --- by default
this command makes a copy, but it is possible to configure MSYS2 to have
native symlinks.

OK, `trunk/src/foo' is edited, and when I do `M-x vc-dir', I see in the
list of edited files `trunk/src/foo' twice. That is, IMHO, a bug.

BR,
	Vincent.

In GNU Emacs 26.0.50 (build 1, i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2017-07-02 built on AIGLEROYAL
Repository revision: 3bab927884c4b795f8545b632328b5d3b632eed3
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.14393
Recent messages:
Parsing c:/Users/Vincent/AppData/Roaming/.mailrc... done
Mark set
Auto-saving...done
Making completion list...
Mark set
Making completion list...
You can run the command ‘vc-dir’ with C-x v d
Mark set
funcall-interactively: Buffer is read-only: #<buffer *vc-dir*<dssmith>>
Making completion list...

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=c:/Nos_Programmes/GNU/Emacs --without-jpeg
 --without-tiff --without-gif --without-png 'CFLAGS= -Og -g3 -L
 C:/Programmes/installation/emacs-install/libXpm-3.5.8/src' 'CPPFLAGS=
 -DFOR_MSW=1 -I
 C:/Programmes/installation/emacs-install/libXpm-3.5.8/include -I
 C:/Programmes/installation/emacs-install/libXpm-3.5.8/src -L
 C:/Programmes/installation/emacs-install/libXpm-3.5.8/src'
 PKG_CONFIG=/mingw/bin/pkg-config.exe PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/mingw/bin'

Configured features:
XPM SOUND NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: FRA
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: VC dir

Minor modes in effect:
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
c:/Programmes/installation/cedet-install/cedet-git/lisp/speedbar/loaddefs hides c:/Nos_Programmes/GNU/Emacs/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/loaddefs
c:/Programmes/installation/cedet-install/cedet-git/lisp/speedbar/loaddefs hides c:/Programmes/installation/cedet-install/cedet-git/lisp/cedet/loaddefs

Features:
(shadow emacsbug bug-reference cal-china lunar solar cal-dst cal-bahai
cal-islam cal-hebrew cal-julian holidays hol-loaddefs diary-lib
diary-loaddefs warnings vc-annotate vc-filewise calc-lang calc-stuff
ps-mode calc-embed calc-store calc-undo calc-incom rng-xsd xsd-regexp
rng-cmpct rng-nxml rng-valid rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse nxml-parse
rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-ns nxml-mode nxml-outln
nxml-rap sgml-mode dom nxml-util nxml-enc xmltok ltx-help m4-mode
cal-iso cal-move whitespace calc-units calc-aent log-edit pcvs-util
vc-rcs vc-dir ewoc tabify org-table url-util browse-url conf-mode
visual-basic-mode cc-dxl cc-mode cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles
cc-align cc-langs cc-fonts cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs cc-bytecomp vc-cvs
balance eieio-compat calc-yank calc-mode lpr org-element org-rmail
org-mhe org-irc org-info org-gnus org-docview doc-view jka-compr
image-mode org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org-w3m org org-macro org-footnote
org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities org-version ob-emacs-lisp
ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-src ob-keys ob-comint
ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs cal-tex cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs iso-transl quail sh-script smie executable
calc-map calc-vec calc-stat calccomp hl-line ses unsafep ispell loadhist
ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs debug cus-edit cus-start cus-load
bbdb-tex flow-fill map vc-svn tex-info texinfo add-log autoconf
autoconf-mode calc-math calc-alg calc-forms calc-menu info vc
vc-dispatcher ediff-vers ediff-merg ediff-wind ediff-diff ediff-mult
ediff-help ediff-init ediff-util ediff bat-mode pcmpl-unix reftex-auc
texmathp latexenc reftex-parse rect pp cl-print preview prv-emacs
reftex-dcr reftex reftex-loaddefs reftex-vars noutline outline mailalias
smtpmail canlock make-mode tex-bar latex tex-style toolbar-x font-latex
plain-tex tex-buf tex advice tex-mode shell pcomplete vc-git diff-mode
easy-mmode bbdb-message sendmail find-dired semantic/fw mode-local xref
project grep compile comint ring thingatpt eieio-opt speedbar sb-image
ezimage dframe find-func help-fns radix-tree nnir sort ansi-color
gnus-cite mm-archive mail-extr gnus-bcklg gnus-async qp gnus-ml
cursor-sensor nndraft nnmh nnfolder cl-extra help-mode bbdb-gnus
bbdb-mua bbdb-com crm misearch multi-isearch dired-aux network-stream
nsm starttls gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual
gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig mailcap nntp
gnus-cache gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap
nnmail mail-source tls gnutls utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time gnus-spec
gnus-int gnus-range message subr-x puny dired-x dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win
gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr edmacro kmacro skeleton calc-misc
calc-arith calc-ext calc calc-loaddefs calc-macs tex-mik preview-latex
tex-site auto-loads bbdb bbdb-site timezone bbdb-loaddefs template
w32utils cl recentf tree-widget wid-edit load-path-to-cedet-svn
finder-inf package easymenu epg-config url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv
cl-loaddefs cl-lib time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table
term/w32-win w32-win w32-vars term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote w32notify w32 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 8 1400083 260824)
 (symbols 32 62370 1)
 (miscs 32 3383 5686)
 (strings 16 212563 28349)
 (string-bytes 1 6997868)
 (vectors 8 77650)
 (vector-slots 4 2079364 66492)
 (floats 8 976 1177)
 (intervals 28 113737 2616)
 (buffers 516 244))

---
L'absence de virus dans ce courrier électronique a été vérifiée par le logiciel antivirus Avast.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus