Subject: bug#28243: Guix cross-compilation doesn't work

From: Manolis Ragkousis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2017 14:12:23 +0300

Hello Ricardo,

On 10/10/17 00:34, Ricardo Wurmus wrote:

> Have you been able to confirm this?
> 
> I just wanted to do this on darnassus, but guix-daemon is not running
> there, and I cannot seem to get it to build software as a user, because
> obviously I cannot write to /gnu/store.
> 
> Could you give me a hint how to run guix on Darnassus?

While disabling grafts does solve some of the issue, it's still not able
to cross-build everything and I didn't have time to look at it.

I could start the guix-daemon in darnassus for you to work on, by just
building guix as a user and using ./pre-inst-env, but I am afraid it
will create problems to darnassus. And Richard is using it for testing
things on the Hurd.

May I suggest giving you access to a local Hurd machine I have here so
you can hack as much as you want without worrying about side effects?

Manolis