Subject: man page in r-minimal contains timestamp

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2017 14:59:47 +0200

The compressed man page at “share/man/man1/R.1.gz” provided by r-minimal
contains a time-dependent string.

Comparing the uncompressed man pages built at different times on
different machines shows me this:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
diff /tmp/berlin/share/man/man1/R.1  /tmp/hydra/share/man/man1/R.1
2c2
< .TH R "1" "July 2017" "R 3.4.0" FSF
---
> .TH R "1" "May 2017" "R 3.4.0" FSF
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

The man page is created with a rule in “doc/Makefile.in”:

     @$(HELP2MAN) --include=$(srcdir)/R.aux --no-info --output=R.1 \
       --name="a language for data analysis and graphics" \
       $(top_builddir)/bin/R

“doc/R.aux” does not contain a timestamp, nor does the help output of R
itself.  Is help2man to blame here?

--
Ricardo

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
https://elephly.net