Subject: Re: bug#28233: CC Mode 5.33 (C/*l); Emacs may get stuck with 100% CPU

From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2017 10:47:16 +0000

Hello, Mohammed.

On Sun, Aug 27, 2017 at 06:54:11 +0530, Mohammed Sadiq wrote:

> > On August 26, 2017 at 10:59 PM Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > Hello, Mohammed.

> Hi

> > Yes.  There is a bug in some cache handling code for macros, which
> > results in that cache thinking there's still a macro after it's been
> > deleted.

> > Thanks indeed for the bug report!

> > Would you please apply the following patch, then confirm to me that it's
> > fixed the problem, or else tell me what's still not working.  Thanks!

>  <snipped>

> The patch surely fixed the issue. Thanks

I actually committed a rather simpler patch.  The problem was "merely" an
off-by-1 bug, but in the same function.

[ .... ]

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).