Subject: bug#28232: closed (Re: bug#28232: openvpn service configuration fails by default)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2017 17:47:04 +0000

Your bug report

#28232: openvpn service configuration fails by default

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
28232: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=28232
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#28232: openvpn service configuration fails by default
From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
To: charly bion <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2017 18:46:01 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

charly bion <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Backtrace: 
> In srfi/srfi-1.scm: 
> 592:29 19 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type nscd 3a8acc0?> ?)) 
> 592:29 18 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type guix 3a8ac00?> ?)) 
> 592:29 17 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type urandom-seed?> ?)) 
> 592:29 16 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type syslog 3a8ac?> ?)) 
> 592:29 15 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type static-netwo?> ?)) 
> 592:29 14 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type mingetty 3a2?> ?)) 
> 592:29 13 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type mingetty 3a2?> ?)) 
> 592:29 12 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type mingetty 3a2?> ?)) 
> 592:29 11 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type mingetty 3a2?> ?)) 
> 592:29 10 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type mingetty 3a2?> ?)) 
> 592:29 9 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type mingetty 3a2?> ?)) 
> 592:29 8 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type console-font?> ?)) 
> 592:17 7 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type openvpn-clie?> ?)) 
> In gnu/services/vpn.scm: 
> 409:24 6 (_ #<<openvpn-client-configuration> openvpn: #<package ?>) 
> 379:9 5 (openvpn-config-file client #<<openvpn-client-configura?>) 
> In ice-9/ports.scm: 
> 549:4 4 (call-with-output-string _) 
> 473:4 3 (with-output-to-port _ _) 
> In ice-9/boot-9.scm: 
> 268:13 2 (for-each #<procedure 534a100 at gnu/services/configur?> ?) 
> In gnu/services/vpn.scm: 
> 112:19 1 (serialize-tls-auth client #f) 
> In unknown file: 
> 0 (string-append #f " " "1") 
>
> ERROR: In procedure string-append: 
> ERROR: In procedure string-append: Wrong type (expecting string): #f 
>
>
>
> To have this error, I tried do build a vm-image using the openvpn service: 
> (service openvpn-client-service-type 
> (openvpn-client-configuration 
> (proto 'tcp) 
> (ca "ca.crt") 
> (cert "client.crt") 
> (key "client.key") 
> )) 

This was fixed on Oct. 9th with commit
4b8b4418e609b5e0bfb6efbc11ac28deaa437e80.

Thanks,
Ludo’.

Subject: openvpn service configuration fails by default
From: charly bion <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2017 17:08:14 +0200 (CEST)
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Package: openvpn 
Version: 2.4.3 

Backtrace: 
In srfi/srfi-1.scm: 
592:29 19 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type nscd 3a8acc0?> ?)) 
592:29 18 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type guix 3a8ac00?> ?)) 
592:29 17 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type urandom-seed?> ?)) 
592:29 16 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type syslog 3a8ac?> ?)) 
592:29 15 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type static-netwo?> ?)) 
592:29 14 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type mingetty 3a2?> ?)) 
592:29 13 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type mingetty 3a2?> ?)) 
592:29 12 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type mingetty 3a2?> ?)) 
592:29 11 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type mingetty 3a2?> ?)) 
592:29 10 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type mingetty 3a2?> ?)) 
592:29 9 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type mingetty 3a2?> ?)) 
592:29 8 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type console-font?> ?)) 
592:17 7 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type openvpn-clie?> ?)) 
In gnu/services/vpn.scm: 
409:24 6 (_ #<<openvpn-client-configuration> openvpn: #<package ?>) 
379:9 5 (openvpn-config-file client #<<openvpn-client-configura?>) 
In ice-9/ports.scm: 
549:4 4 (call-with-output-string _) 
473:4 3 (with-output-to-port _ _) 
In ice-9/boot-9.scm: 
268:13 2 (for-each #<procedure 534a100 at gnu/services/configur?> ?) 
In gnu/services/vpn.scm: 
112:19 1 (serialize-tls-auth client #f) 
In unknown file: 
0 (string-append #f " " "1") 

ERROR: In procedure string-append: 
ERROR: In procedure string-append: Wrong type (expecting string): #f 

To have this error, I tried do build a vm-image using the openvpn service: 
(service openvpn-client-service-type 
(openvpn-client-configuration 
(proto 'tcp) 
(ca "ca.crt") 
(cert "client.crt") 
(key "client.key") 
)) 

Guix doesn't want to build the VM, because of the openvpn service. The problem is in the function serialize-tls-auth (line 110 of the file /gnu/services/vpn.scm). The function tries to concatenate a string with the input of the "tls_auth" field in openvpn_client_configuration. But by default this input's value is #f. Test function are implemented just after this one, but not used. 

As I don't know what the function is supposed to return, I can't correct this. 

I'm using Guix 0.13.0