Subject: bug#28186: 26.0.50; Emacs errors in post command hook global-display-line-numbers-mode-check-buffers

From: Justin Barclay <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2017 12:27:13 -0600

Steps to reproduce bug from 'emacs -q':

1. M-: (set-default 'display-line-numbers-type 'visual)
2. M-x global-display-line-numbers-mode
3. M-x package-list-packages

In GNU Emacs 26.0.50 (build 2, x86_64-apple-darwin16.7.0, NS appkit-1504.83
Version 10.12.6 (Build 16G29))
 of 2017-08-14 built on Sigyn.hitronhub.home
Repository revision: 65899e5b0180284b87b1fa94c091b903056c6bfc
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1504
Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Quit
visual
Global Display-Line-Numbers mode enabled
Setting ‘package-selected-packages’ temporarily since "emacs -q" would
overwrite customizations
tabulated-list-print-entry: Args out of range: 1011
Error in post-command-hook
(global-display-line-numbers-mode-check-buffers): (args-out-of-range 1011)

Configured using:
 'configure --disable-dependency-tracking --disable-silent-rules
 --enable-locallisppath=/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --infodir=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs/HEAD-65899e5/share/info/emacs
 --prefix=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs/HEAD-65899e5 --without-x --with-xml2
 --without-dbus --with-gnutls --with-imagemagick --with-rsvg --with-ns
 --disable-ns-self-contained'

Configured features:
JPEG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
NS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_CA.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  global-display-line-numbers-mode: t
  display-line-numbers-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message subr-x puny dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils cus-edit wid-edit finder-inf package
easymenu epg-config url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio
eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache url-vars seq byte-opt
gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib cus-start cus-load
display-line-numbers time-date tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/ns-win ns-win
ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote kqueue cocoa ns multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 244399 19396)
 (symbols 48 22873 2)
 (miscs 40 76 220)
 (strings 32 38621 2516)
 (string-bytes 1 1030250)
 (vectors 16 38520)
 (vector-slots 8 742040 9446)
 (floats 8 56 60)
 (intervals 56 1428 3722)
 (buffers 992 13))