Subject: Re: bug#28182: maybe implement CTRL++ to zoom text

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2019 03:40:05 +0200

Richard Stallman <[email-masked]> writes:

>   > I think it's a better default, since it's more in line with user
>   > expectations.  The "Ctrl+mouse whell changes font size" behaviour is
>   > pretty ubiquitous in browsers, text editors and IDEs.
>
> I proposed CTRL +, but you're talking about the mouse wheel.
> They are not the same: my laptop has no mouse wheel.

Earlier in this thread, Eli objected to that proposal because it would
be backwards incompatible.  I don't know the status of that proposal
beyond that.

Changing the mouse wheel behaviour was raised during the discussion as
an alternative.  I agreed, and there seemed to be little controversy
around it, so I implemented that and sent it here.  Sorry if that
caused any confusion.

I see no conflict between changing the key bindings and changing the
mouse wheel behaviour.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas