Subject: bug#28182: maybe implement CTRL++ to zoom text

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2019 02:24:36 +0200

Robert Pluim <[email-masked]> writes:

> I took a look at the manual, it says:
>
>        Some mice have a “wheel” which can be used for scrolling.  Emacs
>     supports scrolling windows with the mouse wheel, by default, on most
>     graphical displays.  There is also support for increasing or decreasing
>     the height of the default face, by default bound to scrolling with the
>     <Ctrl> modifier.  To toggle this feature, use ‘M-x mouse-wheel-mode’.
>     The variables ‘mouse-wheel-follow-mouse’ and ‘mouse-wheel-scroll-amount’
>     determine where and by how much buffers are scrolled.  The variable
>     ‘mouse-wheel-progressive-speed’ determines whether the scroll speed is
>     linked to how fast you move the wheel.
>
> That read to me like 'M-x mouse-wheel-mode' is concerned with enabling
> the face increase/decrease feature. Should that bit be moved to the
> end of the paragraph?

I think you're right that it could be more clear.  Patch attached.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas
From a7ec6669f789c7be706c4a91d8901b22c4c1b3a5 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2019 02:21:08 +0200
Subject: [PATCH] Clarify mouse commands section in manual

* doc/emacs/frames.texi (Mouse Commands): Clarify section on mouse
wheel somewhat.  (Bug#28182)
---
 doc/emacs/frames.texi | 14 +++++++-------
 1 file changed, 7 insertions(+), 7 deletions(-)

diff --git a/doc/emacs/frames.texi b/doc/emacs/frames.texi
index 169eebab3e..f93c5b168b 100644
--- a/doc/emacs/frames.texi
+++ b/doc/emacs/frames.texi
@@ -201,14 +201,14 @@ Mouse Commands
 @vindex mouse-wheel-progressive-speed
   Some mice have a ``wheel'' which can be used for scrolling.  Emacs
 supports scrolling windows with the mouse wheel, by default, on most
-graphical displays.  There is also support for increasing or
-decreasing the height of the default face, by default bound to
-scrolling with the @key{Ctrl} modifier.  To toggle this feature, use
-@kbd{M-x mouse-wheel-mode}.  The variables
-@code{mouse-wheel-follow-mouse} and @code{mouse-wheel-scroll-amount}
-determine where and by how much buffers are scrolled.  The variable
+graphical displays.  To toggle this feature, use @kbd{M-x
+mouse-wheel-mode}.  The variables @code{mouse-wheel-follow-mouse} and
+@code{mouse-wheel-scroll-amount} determine where and by how much
+buffers are scrolled.  The variable
 @code{mouse-wheel-progressive-speed} determines whether the scroll
-speed is linked to how fast you move the wheel.
+speed is linked to how fast you move the wheel.  This mode also
+supports increasing or decreasing the height of the default face, by
+default bound to scrolling with the @key{Ctrl} modifier.
 
 @vindex mouse-wheel-tilt-scroll
 @vindex mouse-wheel-flip-direction
-- 
2.20.1