Subject: Re: bug#28182: maybe implement CTRL++ to zoom text

From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2019 10:00:12 +0200

>>>>> On Wed, 9 Oct 2019 23:56:22 +0200, Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> said:

    Stefan> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
    >> Please don't forget mentioning this in NEWS (and in the manual, if
    >> applicable).

    Stefan> Thanks.  Is something like the attached okay?  I'm not sure exactly
    Stefan> what you had in mind, since this mostly preserves previous behaviour
    Stefan> also for changing the font size.

    Stefan> (I checked the manual, but it is fine as is, IMO.)

I took a look at the manual, it says:

       Some mice have a “wheel” which can be used for scrolling.  Emacs
    supports scrolling windows with the mouse wheel, by default, on most
    graphical displays.  There is also support for increasing or decreasing
    the height of the default face, by default bound to scrolling with the
    <Ctrl> modifier.  To toggle this feature, use ‘M-x mouse-wheel-mode’.
    The variables ‘mouse-wheel-follow-mouse’ and ‘mouse-wheel-scroll-amount’
    determine where and by how much buffers are scrolled.  The variable
    ‘mouse-wheel-progressive-speed’ determines whether the scroll speed is
    linked to how fast you move the wheel.

That read to me like 'M-x mouse-wheel-mode' is concerned with enabling
the face increase/decrease feature. Should that bit be moved to the
end of the paragraph?

Robert