Subject: [bug#28177] [PATCH 01/12] gnu: Add discount.

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2017 15:23:41 +0200

Christopher Baines <[email-masked]> skribis:

> This is required by perl-text-markdown-discount, which is required by ikiwiki.
>
> * gnu/packages/markdown.scm (discount) New variable.

[...]

> +         (add-before 'configure 'set_ac_default_path
> +           (lambda args
> +             (substitute* "configure.inc"
> +               (("ac_default_path=\".*\"")
> +                (string-append "ac_default_path=\"" (getenv "PATH") "\"")))
> +             #t)))))

Did you check the references of the resulting store item?  It seems to
me that we might end up referring too much if this value is recorded in
the binary (GCC, Binutils, Make, etc.).

Perhaps we should instead set it to a very specific list, say coreutils,
grep, sed, or whatever is expected?

Thanks,
Ludo’.