Subject: 25.2; Batch mode not perfectly noninteractive

From: Андрей Парамонов<[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2017 22:52:32 +0300

According to
https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/elisp/Batch-Mode.html
in noninteractive mode, Emacs does not read commands from the terminal.

However,
$cat test.el
(princ noninteractive)
(princ (read-string ""))

$C:\emacs\bin\emacs.exe --script test.el
t
[waiting for user input]

Calling
$C:\emacs\bin\emacs.exe --script test.el < test.el
- or -
$C:\emacs\bin\emacs.exe --script test.el < NUL
works as expected (script finishes without user-input ^D).

Emacs should never wait for interactive user input in batch mode.

I'm ready to provide any additional info,
Andrey Paramonov
---

In GNU Emacs 25.2.1 (x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2017-04-24 built on LAPHROAIG
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 6.3.9600
Configured using:
 'configure --without-dbus --without-compress-install 'CFLAGS=-O2
 -static -g3''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: RUS
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message idna dired format-spec rfc822
mml mml-sec password-cache epg gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr mail-utils cus-start
cus-load paren finder-inf info tex-site package epg-config seq byte-opt
gv bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra help-mode easymenu cconv cl-loaddefs
pcase cl-lib time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table
w32-win w32-vars term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote w32notify w32 multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)