Subject: Re: bug#28166: 25.2; Batch mode not perfectly noninteractive

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2017 23:28:21 -0400

Андрей Парамонов <[email-masked]> writes:

> I thought that "noninteractive" means precisely:
> do not read from keyboard.
>
> However I'm not sure now. How do other (e.g Lisp) interpreters behave
> in similar circumstances?

sbcl has a --non-interactive option, it doesn't disable reading from
stdin.  It basically just prevents the REPL from starting.  I think this
is analogous to Emacs' --batch/--script option preventing the command
loop from starting.

    ~/tmp$ cat read-line.lisp 
    (read-line)
    ~/tmp$ sbcl --script read-line.lisp --non-interactive
    [waiting for input here...]
    ~/tmp$ sbcl --help
    Usage: sbcl [runtime-options] [toplevel-options] [user-options]
      [...]
      --disable-debugger         Invoke sb-ext:disable-debugger.
      --noprint                  Run a Read-Eval Loop without printing results.
      --script [<filename>]      Skip #! line, disable debugger, avoid verbosity.
      --quit                     Exit with code 0 after option processing.
      --non-interactive          Sets both --quit and --disable-debugger.
      [...]