Subject: Re: bug#28159: Updater needs to support HTTP(S) servers

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2018 23:38:16 +0100

[email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès) skribis:

> [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès) skribis:
>
>> This one is nice and smaller than ‘ls-lR’.  I reimplemented the GNU
>> updater in terms of this file, and kept the previous FTP-based updater
>> around for GNU packages not hosted on ftp.gnu.org:
>>
>>   https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/?id=100b216d8a4218daec4a79024d62d54b52dc07be
>>
>> “guix refresh -t gnu” is now much faster.
>
> Commit c1d8b3b3b5af8282328b87dd7a8d09357cbb0af7 rewrites the GNOME
> updater in terms of the ‘cache.json’ files that can be found in each
> package directory at <https://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/sources>.

Commit 5230dce154a8861d806fcd667f2d424def571ed6 rewrites the kernel.org
updater so that it’s based on an analysis of HTML directory listings
such as <https://cdn.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/>.

Ludo’.