Subject: bug#28157: “r-minimal” retains no reference to “which”

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2017 10:51:18 +0200

Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]> skribis:

> R provides a function “Sys.which”, which embeds the full path to “which”
> at configure time.  The path it embeds is that of “which” *before*
> grafts.

Where’s that reference?  I couldn’t find it:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ guix build r-minimal

[...]

@ build-succeeded /gnu/store/xz3jhg34z1znlzkz45pva2x0ik96w3qh-r-minimal-3.4.0.drv -
/gnu/store/jzfg7j6wbp28z5zfdh16wyhkqy3azm2z-r-minimal-3.4.0
$ guix gc --references /gnu/store/jzfg7j6wbp28z5zfdh16wyhkqy3azm2z-r-minimal-3.4.0|grep which
$ guix build r-minimal --no-grafts
/gnu/store/9xmz92jgmgalf4i07fdiddn658zlccpw-r-minimal-3.4.0
$ guix gc --references /gnu/store/9xmz92jgmgalf4i07fdiddn658zlccpw-r-minimal-3.4.0 |grep which
$ guix build which
/gnu/store/xaiq6waavhfrfhxjb35whzc6y4617nzz-which-2.21
$ grep -r -e -which-2.21 /gnu/store/9xmz92jgmgalf4i07fdiddn658zlccpw-r-minimal-3.4.0
$ grep -r which-2.21 /gnu/store/9xmz92jgmgalf4i07fdiddn658zlccpw-r-minimal-3.4.0
$ grep -r bin/which /gnu/store/9xmz92jgmgalf4i07fdiddn658zlccpw-r-minimal-3.4.0
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Normally the grafting code replaces all the store references, unless the
reference is somehow obfuscated (which would be surprising here.)

Ludo’.