Subject: bug#28157: “r-minimal” retains no reference to “which”

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2017 15:40:52 +0200

Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Here’s a patch:

That was fast.  :-)

> From bbacb223cbd6f1ba0ca77eda9d168e325537e3f3 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
> From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2017 12:59:48 +0200
> Subject: [PATCH] gnu: r-minimal: Do not compress serialized files.
>
> * gnu/packages/statistics.scm (r-minimal)[arguments]: Replace build phase
> "patch-which" with "do-not-compress-serialized-files".
> [propagated-inputs]: Move "which" from here...
> [inputs]: ...to here.

[...]

>         (modify-phases %standard-phases
>           ;; FIXME: see bug #28157.
> -         (add-before 'configure 'patch-which
> +         (add-before 'configure 'do-not-compress-serialized-files
>             (lambda* (#:key inputs #:allow-other-keys)
> -             (substitute* "src/library/base/R/unix/system.unix.R"
> -               (("@WHICH@") "which"))

Shouldn’t we keep the ‘patch-which’ phase?

> +             (substitute* "src/library/base/makebasedb.R"
> +               (("compress = TRUE") "compress = FALSE"))

Perhaps move the comment about this bug right above this, so we know why
we don’t compress.  Otherwise LGTM!

Any idea how much extra storage this incurs on disk?

Thanks!

Ludo’.