Subject: bug#28157: “r-minimal” retains no reference to “which”

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2017 11:29:53 +0200

Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]> writes:

> Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:
[…]
>> Normally the grafting code replaces all the store references, unless the
>> reference is somehow obfuscated (which would be surprising here.)
>
> Right.  In the case of R, the environment for a package is serialized to
> a possibly compressed data file (.Rdb) with an index (.Rdx).
> “Sys.which” is part of the “base” package and I cannot find a plain text
> reference to “bin/which” in the binaries for “base”.
>
> I don’t know if we can (or should) disable compression for Rdb files.

If we need to do that I think it should happen in
“src/library/base/makebasedb.R”.  This file is used to create the base
library and it calls saveRDS with “compressed = TRUE” by default.

-- 
Ricardo

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
https://elephly.net