Subject: bug#28153: Test suite fails due to mkpart no longer taking partition label

From: "A. Wilcox" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2017 15:27:44 -0500

On 12/09/17 12:25, Brian C. Lane wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 19, 2017 at 04:56:47PM -0500, A. Wilcox wrote:
>> While testing parted 3.2 for our new Linux distribution, I came
>> across a few test failures; they were all due to 'mkpart' no
>> longer naming partitions.  I believe this patch to correct this.
>> 
> 
> No longer naming partitions is a bug. What version of parted are
> you using? I'm not seeing this behavior with Fedora 25 and parted
> 3.2 (+ patches)
> 

This is Adélie Linux, a fork of Alpine Linux, based on musl libc.  We
are using parted 3.2 with no patches (at least, beyond the test suite
patches that I sent).

I thought that this was a simple syntax change, and didn't realise
that it wasn't intentional / the actual bug.  Sorry.  I can
investigate further after our current package push is finished.

All the best,
- --arw

- -- 
A. Wilcox (awilfox)
Project Lead, Adélie Linux
http://adelielinux.org