Subject: bug#28144: info-dir ERROR: no code for module (guix build utils)

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2019 19:57:45 +0100

Brant Gardner <[email-masked]> writes:

> I get this very reproducibly with 'guix pull', starting last
> week. This is on a pretty simple installation of GuixSD, no extra
> parameters or unusual environment. Is there anything I gather that
> would help?
>
> Note: This only seems to happen for the non-root user executing 'guix
> pull' - so far it has not show for root.

That’s because every user has their own version of Guix.  The root
user’s copy of Guix differs from that of your other user account.

Could you please tell us what “guix describe” and/or “guix --version”
say?  This would help us figure out if we can do something to prevent
this.

You can get out of this problem by using a different variant of Guix to
run “guix pull”, e.g. ~/.config/guix/current-1-link/bin/guix pull.

--
Ricardo