Subject: Re: bug#28144: info-dir ERROR: no code for module (guix build utils)

From: Christopher Baines <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2017 12:02:03 +0100

On Tue, 22 Aug 2017 12:41:26 +0200
[email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès) wrote:

> Christopher Baines <[email-masked]> skribis:
> 
> > bin/guile",["--no-auto-compile","/gnu/store/9ywpf5jc12svv04gvbx96j5z1kpllwn4-info-dir-builder"]  
> 
> Something is indeed wrong here.  I have:
> 
> --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
> $ cat    /gnu/store/0gn0dxgg68w3yc4ywxp586z98h9l00j3-info-dir.drv
> [...]
> bin/guile",["--no-auto-compile","-L","/gnu/store/l4jxniixlkqpy5aaxhgfp4xywsimd6p2-module-import","-C","/gnu/store/gj3ks9vi1ys3hgr1jzywjx2rq3dsmsbd-module-import-compiled","/gnu/store/m4kyr2isfskss2vkc7hvnbw786kd52v9-info-dir-builder"]
> [...] --8<---------------cut
> here---------------end--------------->8---
> 
> Is it reproducible?  Does “make clean-go && make” help?  Is it Guile
> 2.2 or 2.0?

Unfortunately, I've only run in to this when trying to get other stuff
done, and my approach for working around the problem has been to delete
the guix packages from the store to force them to be rebuilt.

I'd previously guessed that the ...-info-dir-builder was wrong, but
knowing that the command in the derivation is wrong is useful. If I
come across this again, I'll try to investigate further, but I don't
have a way of reproducing this at the moment.