Subject: bug#2814: Emacs.app scroll-bars are incorrect

From: Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 10:26:33 +0200

Am 01.06.2009 um 03:51 schrieb Adrian Robert:

>
> On Jun 1, 2009, at 1:14 AM, Peter Dyballa wrote:
>
>>
>> Am 31.05.2009 um 17:37 schrieb Adrian Robert:
>>
>>> http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=2814
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>>> The scroll-bars are full-height although not the whole buffer is
>>>> visible.
>>>
>>> I cannot reproduce this.  Could you provide details of how you  
>>> set up the calendar mode to do this, or send a screenshot?
>
> The screenshot looks like what I see as well.  The whole buffer IS  
> visible, isn't it?

At start, in the upper window.

> What part don't you see?

In the other window only the last day of May is visible, so most of  
this buffer (seven out of eight lines or 87.5 %) is not visible  
because scrolled away.

> Is emacs under X11 behaving differently?

It's a pity, it also scrolls (almost) all away! And therefore my  
report is not a bug report...

Sorry! I did not check, the X clients don't show a scroll-bar (except  
they're defective GTK-). Although I can see an advantage of this  
behaviour in a text buffer (last line of my writing far above the  
window's bottom, showing me that I have to continue to write) this  
behaviour and the scroll-bar are both useless in the *Calendar*  
buffer – when they don't scroll through the ages.

--
Greetings

   Pete

The mathematician who pursues his studies without clear views of this  
matter, must often have the uncomfortable feeling that his paper and  
pencil surpass him in intelligence.
				– Ernst Mach