Subject: bug#2814: Emacs.app scroll-bars are incorrect

From: Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 20:14:00 +0200

Am 31.05.2009 um 17:37 schrieb Adrian Robert:

> http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=2814
>
> Hello,
>
>> The scroll-bars are full-height although not the whole buffer is
>> visible.
>
> I cannot reproduce this.  Could you provide details of how you set  
> up the calendar mode to do this, or send a screenshot?

I still have one of version 23.0.91 and I launched it twice with -Q.  
The upper one has the view from launching calendar, the lower  
(active) one shows the vertical scroll-bar scrolled as much down as  
possible (you might be able to see the grey gap):

With TinkerTool I changed a system-wide preference that all scroll- 
bars show two arrows at each end. Could be this changes the behaviour  
– or it's a Tiger (10.4.11) feature!

>
>
>> Dragging at scroll-bar downwards scrolls the buffer until
>> all its contents is scrolled away.
>
> This is currently the std behavior of scrollbars in the NS port.   
> Do other emacsen behave differently?

It's not the standard behaviour in other Cocoa applications (in  
Terminal, Mail, Preview the scroll-bar stops and I see the bottom of  
the "buffer" at the window's bottom), this looks more like copying  
the bad manners of GTK.

--
Greetings

   Pete

To most people solutions mean finding the answers. But to chemists  
solutions are things that are still all mixed up.