Subject: Re: bug#28139: 25.2; TRAMP vs bash 4.4 / readline 7.0 "bracketed paste" mode

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2017 09:31:30 +0200

Daniel Pittman <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Daniel,

> Is the current release of TRAMP available through any ELPA style
> package repository, or do I need obtain and compile it myself to use
> it ahead of the built-in?  I'll certainly do that, but I'm lazy.

A while ago, I've started to transform Tramp into an ELPA package. There
were some non-trivial problems, this task is stalled for the moment.

So you must use Tramp's git repository:

git clone git://git.savannah.gnu.org/tramp.git

>     (I wouldn't reject a patch from your side :-)
>
> If I confirm it still exists in the current version I'll try and cut a
> patch for this, but my contribution time is limited, I'm afraid.

Take your time, there's no rush. The next regular Tramp release is
scheduled for end of the year.

If it helps you, I could also add your login to the Tramp repo. You
would need a Savannah account, maybe you have already.

Best regards, Michael.