Subject: Re: bug#28133: [PATCH] gnu: Add rtl-sdr.; and gnuradio

From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2017 14:27:42 -0400

On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 07:53:06PM +0530, Arun Isaac wrote:
> 
> Pushed, thanks!
> 
> > LGTM!  But are we sure about the new module?  I've used rtl-sdr in a
> > professional non-HAM setting before.  I guess it's OK, though :)
> >
> > Back then I put "volk" into (gnu packages engineering) and not into
> > ham-radio.scm - we might want to revisit it?
> 
> IMHO, the modules in gnu/packages are quite a mess. There are many
> modules with only one or a few packages (less than 10). At some point,
> we'll have to revisit this, and figure out a better organization.

I think the module categorization doesn't really matter that much. And
each time we shuffle them around, it's a big pain for people maintaining
branches other than the master branch. So I'd prefer if we don't do a
big reorganization just for semantic reasons.