Subject: 26.0.50; vc-dir doesn't update when conflict resolved

From: Tom Tromey <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2017 06:36:37 -0600

I have a vc-dir buffer opened for my project.
I did a "git rebase" (externally) which resulted in a merge conflict.
I typed "g" in the vc-dir buffer to refresh.

vc-dir showed me which files were in conflict.

I edited one of the files, and upon saving, I expected emacs to refresh
the file's state in the vc-dir buffer, to reflect that the file was no
longer in conflict.

However, this did not happen.  I had to "g" again to refresh.

Tom

In GNU Emacs 26.0.50 (build 7, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.17)
 of 2017-08-15 built on pokyo
Repository revision: 5c3d0ce3e09bf070bb3c89caa9d88f25d4a39283
Windowing system distributor 'Fedora Project', version 11.0.11903000
System Description:	Fedora release 25 (Twenty Five)

Recent messages:
user-error: No more Flycheck errors
There are unresolved conflicts in /home/tromey/firefox-git/artifact/devtools/server/actors/stylesheets.js
Mark set
C-c ! C-g is undefined
Parsing error: Unexpected token <<
scroll-up-command: End of buffer
Saving file /home/tromey/firefox-git/artifact/devtools/server/actors/stylesheets.js...
Wrote /home/tromey/firefox-git/artifact/devtools/server/actors/stylesheets.js
(No files need saving)
Finding changes in /home/tromey/firefox-git/artifact/...done

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/tromey/Emacs/install --with-modules'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY
LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE LIBOTF XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
GTK3 X11 MODULES LIBSYSTEMD

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: JS

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  erc-spelling-mode: t
  erc-truncate-mode: t
  bug-reference-prog-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  flyspell-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  projectile-global-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  erc-notify-mode: t
  erc-notifications-mode: t
  erc-services-mode: t
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-track-minor-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-hl-nicks-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  flycheck-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  cl-old-struct-compat-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  auto-fill-function: do-auto-fill
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/bubbles-0.5/bubbles hides /home/tromey/Emacs/install/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/play/bubbles

Features:
(shadow emacsbug gnus-draft xref project ffap gnus-fun flow-fill
gnus-html help-fns radix-tree url-cache mailalias mail-hist nnir
url-http url-auth url-gw bbdb-gui bbdb-hooks bbdb-rmail rmailsum sort
gnus-cite smiley shr-color mm-archive gnus-async gnus-bcklg qp gnus-ml
disp-table log-view git-commit-mode git-rebase-mode term/xterm xterm
log-edit pcvs-util find-file find-dired webjump smerge-mode idutils
dabbrev conf-mode dxr vc-mtn vc-hg org-rmail org-mhe org-irc org-info
org-gnus org-docview doc-view jka-compr image-mode org-bibtex bibtex
org-bbdb org-w3m org-element avl-tree generator org org-macro
org-footnote org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline
outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle org-src ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table ob-keys ob-exp ob-comint tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs
trampver ucs-normalize shell ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs
org-loaddefs misearch multi-isearch erc-spelling erc-truncate copyright
add-log cursor-sensor mhtml-mode css-mode smie eww mm-url url-queue url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util shr svg browse-url vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn
vc-cvs vc-rcs bug-reference vc-git diff-mode js sgml-mode dom cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds gnus-topic nndraft nnmh nnfolder
utf-7 bbdb-gnus bbdb-snarf mail-extr bbdb-com network-stream nsm
starttls gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg
nntp gnus-cache gnus-registry registry eieio-base gnus-art mm-uu mml2015
mm-view mml-smime smime dig mailcap gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo
smtpmail sendmail gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source tls
gnutls utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message
puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus
nnheader gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr flyspell ispell diminish appt diary-lib
diary-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs which-func imenu edmacro
kmacro projectile grep compile ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs
autorevert filenotify desktop frameset cus-start cus-load erc-notify
erc-desktop-notifications erc-services notifications dbus xml erc-list
erc-menu erc-join erc-ring erc-networks erc-pcomplete pcomplete
erc-track erc-match erc-netsplit erc-hl-nicks easy-mmode color
erc-button erc-fill erc-stamp wid-edit erc-goodies erc erc-backend
erc-compat format-spec thingatpt pp dired-aux dired-x dired
dired-loaddefs warnings advice vc-dir ewoc vc vc-dispatcher flycheck
cl-extra json map find-func help-mode rx subr-x dash cc-styles cc-align
cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs bbdb cl timezone ange-ftp comint ansi-color
ring server savehist finder-inf bbdb-autoloads dwarf-mode-autoloads
lisppaste-autoloads pydoc-info-autoloads info-look weblogger-autoloads
info package easymenu epg-config url-handlers url-parse auth-source
cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache url-vars
seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib time-date
mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 3608081 1981311)
 (symbols 48 114749 278)
 (miscs 40 27480 8552)
 (strings 32 1440341 110031)
 (string-bytes 1 67194821)
 (vectors 16 141780)
 (vector-slots 8 3761937 295549)
 (floats 8 587 1735)
 (intervals 56 86486 2893)
 (buffers 992 167))