Subject: bug#28121: closed (Re: bug#28121: 26.0.50; vc-dir doesn't update when conflict resolved)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2017 23:34:01 +0000

Your bug report

#28121: 26.0.50; vc-dir doesn't update when conflict resolved

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
28121: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=28121
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#28121: 26.0.50; vc-dir doesn't update when conflict resolved
From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
To: Tom Tromey <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2017 02:33:00 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 26.1

On 9/12/17 12:11 AM, Tom Tromey wrote:

> I finally got around to trying this last night, and it worked for me.
> Could you check it in?

Pushed. Thanks for checking!

Subject: 26.0.50; vc-dir doesn't update when conflict resolved
From: Tom Tromey <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2017 06:36:37 -0600
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I have a vc-dir buffer opened for my project.
I did a "git rebase" (externally) which resulted in a merge conflict.
I typed "g" in the vc-dir buffer to refresh.

vc-dir showed me which files were in conflict.

I edited one of the files, and upon saving, I expected emacs to refresh
the file's state in the vc-dir buffer, to reflect that the file was no
longer in conflict.

However, this did not happen.  I had to "g" again to refresh.

Tom

In GNU Emacs 26.0.50 (build 7, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.17)
 of 2017-08-15 built on pokyo
Repository revision: 5c3d0ce3e09bf070bb3c89caa9d88f25d4a39283
Windowing system distributor 'Fedora Project', version 11.0.11903000
System Description:	Fedora release 25 (Twenty Five)

Recent messages:
user-error: No more Flycheck errors
There are unresolved conflicts in /home/tromey/firefox-git/artifact/devtools/server/actors/stylesheets.js
Mark set
C-c ! C-g is undefined
Parsing error: Unexpected token <<
scroll-up-command: End of buffer
Saving file /home/tromey/firefox-git/artifact/devtools/server/actors/stylesheets.js...
Wrote /home/tromey/firefox-git/artifact/devtools/server/actors/stylesheets.js
(No files need saving)
Finding changes in /home/tromey/firefox-git/artifact/...done

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/tromey/Emacs/install --with-modules'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY
LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE LIBOTF XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
GTK3 X11 MODULES LIBSYSTEMD

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: JS

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  erc-spelling-mode: t
  erc-truncate-mode: t
  bug-reference-prog-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  flyspell-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  projectile-global-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  erc-notify-mode: t
  erc-notifications-mode: t
  erc-services-mode: t
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-track-minor-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-hl-nicks-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  flycheck-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  cl-old-struct-compat-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  auto-fill-function: do-auto-fill
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/bubbles-0.5/bubbles hides /home/tromey/Emacs/install/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/play/bubbles

Features:
(shadow emacsbug gnus-draft xref project ffap gnus-fun flow-fill
gnus-html help-fns radix-tree url-cache mailalias mail-hist nnir
url-http url-auth url-gw bbdb-gui bbdb-hooks bbdb-rmail rmailsum sort
gnus-cite smiley shr-color mm-archive gnus-async gnus-bcklg qp gnus-ml
disp-table log-view git-commit-mode git-rebase-mode term/xterm xterm
log-edit pcvs-util find-file find-dired webjump smerge-mode idutils
dabbrev conf-mode dxr vc-mtn vc-hg org-rmail org-mhe org-irc org-info
org-gnus org-docview doc-view jka-compr image-mode org-bibtex bibtex
org-bbdb org-w3m org-element avl-tree generator org org-macro
org-footnote org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline
outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle org-src ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table ob-keys ob-exp ob-comint tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs
trampver ucs-normalize shell ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs
org-loaddefs misearch multi-isearch erc-spelling erc-truncate copyright
add-log cursor-sensor mhtml-mode css-mode smie eww mm-url url-queue url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util shr svg browse-url vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn
vc-cvs vc-rcs bug-reference vc-git diff-mode js sgml-mode dom cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds gnus-topic nndraft nnmh nnfolder
utf-7 bbdb-gnus bbdb-snarf mail-extr bbdb-com network-stream nsm
starttls gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg
nntp gnus-cache gnus-registry registry eieio-base gnus-art mm-uu mml2015
mm-view mml-smime smime dig mailcap gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo
smtpmail sendmail gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source tls
gnutls utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message
puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus
nnheader gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr flyspell ispell diminish appt diary-lib
diary-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs which-func imenu edmacro
kmacro projectile grep compile ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs
autorevert filenotify desktop frameset cus-start cus-load erc-notify
erc-desktop-notifications erc-services notifications dbus xml erc-list
erc-menu erc-join erc-ring erc-networks erc-pcomplete pcomplete
erc-track erc-match erc-netsplit erc-hl-nicks easy-mmode color
erc-button erc-fill erc-stamp wid-edit erc-goodies erc erc-backend
erc-compat format-spec thingatpt pp dired-aux dired-x dired
dired-loaddefs warnings advice vc-dir ewoc vc vc-dispatcher flycheck
cl-extra json map find-func help-mode rx subr-x dash cc-styles cc-align
cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs bbdb cl timezone ange-ftp comint ansi-color
ring server savehist finder-inf bbdb-autoloads dwarf-mode-autoloads
lisppaste-autoloads pydoc-info-autoloads info-look weblogger-autoloads
info package easymenu epg-config url-handlers url-parse auth-source
cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache url-vars
seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib time-date
mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 3608081 1981311)
 (symbols 48 114749 278)
 (miscs 40 27480 8552)
 (strings 32 1440341 110031)
 (string-bytes 1 67194821)
 (vectors 16 141780)
 (vector-slots 8 3761937 295549)
 (floats 8 587 1735)
 (intervals 56 86486 2893)
 (buffers 992 167))