Subject: bug#28113: 25.2; `ignore-errors' around `require'

From: Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2017 17:59:16 -0400

tags 28113 + unreproducible
quit

On Wed, Aug 16, 2017 at 4:11 PM, Drew Adams <[email-masked]> wrote:
> I'm guessing that there is not a bug here, as this seems to happen for
> all Emacs versions I have.

Works for me. I tried

    emacs -Q -f toggle-debug-on-error -l start.el

where start.el has

    (condition-case err
        (let ((load-path (cons default-directory load-path)))
          (require 'load-some-nonexistent-files))
      (error (message "caught error: %S" err)))

And load-some-nonexistent-files.el has

    (require 'there-is-no-such-file)

    (provide 'load-some-nonexistent-files)

I get

    Debug on Error enabled globally
    caught error: (file-error "Cannot open load file"
                  "no such file or directory"
                  "there-is-no-such-file")

in *Messages*.

Tested in 24.3 and 25.1.