Subject: Re: bug#28111: qemu testsuite fails

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2018 11:34:56 +0100

Mathieu Lirzin <[email-masked]> skribis:

> My previous snippet didn't include the actual error
>
> TEST: tests/test-hmp... (pid=27743)
>   /arm/hmp/integratorcp:                                               OK
>   /arm/hmp/nuri:                                                       qemu-system-arm: cannot set up guest memory 'exynos4210.dram0': Cannot allocate memory
> Broken pipe
> FAIL
> GTester: last random seed: R02S53adf2b44f1ff46cb48bd55ebce8854c
> (pid=27751)
>   /arm/hmp/mps2-an511:                                                 OK
>   /arm/hmp/verdex:                                                     OK
>   /arm/hmp/ast2500-evb:                                                OK
>   /arm/hmp/smdkc210:                                                   qemu-system-arm: cannot set up guest memory 'exynos4210.dram0': Cannot allocate memory
> Broken pipe
> FAIL
>
> I have tried to build QEMU again with the same guix version and succeed.
> So Like previously reported this is underterministic.

Could the initial error be the result of insufficient memory?

(Also, too bad there were no substitutes at the time you installed!)

Ludo’.