Subject: Re: bug#2811 closed by Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> (Re: bug#2811: 23.0.91; calendar)

From: Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 00:43:41 +0200

Am 02.04.2009 um 08:40 schrieb Emacs bug Tracking System:

>> Only the date when Daylight Saving Time starts or ends are in
>> English – since s few months, I think, then already in version
>> 23.0.60 (as my old copy from January shows).
>
> This report lacks details, but I believe this is fixed now.

No, it has not.

Possible details:

load-path has on top a directory where Germanised versions of some  
calendar ELisp files exist:

	  /Library/Application Support/Emacs/calendar23:
	  total 712
	  drwxrwxr-x    10 root  admin     340  2 Apr 22:22 .
	  drwxrwxr-x   148 pete  admin    5032 29 Mär 00:58 ..
	  -rw-r--r--     1 root  admin   11164 16 Jan 22:55 cal-menu.el
	  -rw-r--r--     1 root  admin   15962 25 Jan 11:20 cal-move.el
	  -rw-r--r--     1 root  admin    7342 16 Jan 22:58 cal-x.el
	  -rw-r--r--     1 root  admin  109844 28 Mär 21:58 calendar.el
	  -rw-r--r--     1 root  admin  108934  2 Apr 22:22 diary-lib.el
	  -rw-r--r--     1 root  admin   38696  2 Apr 22:18 holidays.el
	  -rw-r--r--     1 root  admin   16925 28 Mär 22:07 lunar.el
	  -rw-r--r--     1 root  admin   44565 16 Jan 23:22 solar.el

Some differences in holidays.el (mine vs. original):

	331c304
	<                   (format "Sommerzeit beginnt um %s"
	---
	>                   (format "Daylight Saving Time Begins %s"
	336c309
	<                   (format "Sommerzeit endet um %s"
	---
	>                   (format "Daylight Saving Time Ends %s"
	354a328,329
	>           holiday-hebrew-holidays holiday-islamic-holidays
	>           holiday-bahai-holidays holiday-oriental-holidays

The differences in line numbers are due to having more holidays here.

--
Greetings

   Pete

"No man was ever taken to hell by a woman unless he already had a  
ticket in his pocket, or at least had been fooling around with  
timetables."
				– Archie Goodwin